Wednesday, August 14, 2013

Unfortunately, I've lived most of my life with the following attitude: how little can I do to get by?
What's the shortest book of the bible I can read today and still feel good about myself? How little can I study, but still pass? How little can I give for this Sunday's offering? How little can I participate in this group project?

What if I lived life to the fullest?  What if I really gave it all? What would my life look like? How would things be different?

I think my problem starts in the mornings; I wake up wanting to go back to sleep instead of carpe dieming the day. 

I was listening to Joyce Meyer yesterday and she said something that inspired me, "I wake up, get my coffee and head for God."
I don't want to wake up loving life for my own sake, I want to wake up loving life for God.
So naturally, like any woman, I made a list. A list of things I can do to start the day off right.

1. Have a reason for waking up.
2. Read the bible every morning, especially mornings you don't want to. 
3. Look your best.
4. Don't hit the snooze button.
5. Eat breakfast.
6. Think about someone you can love on

Now for explanations, tricks, etc:

#1 HAVE A REASON FOR WAKING UP.

This can be different daily, but if you cannot think of one read Galatians 2:20

I have been crucified with Christ. It is no longer I who live, but Christ who lives in me. And the life I now live in the flesh I live by faith in the Son of God, who loved me and gave himself for me.

#2 READ THE BIBLE EVERY MORNING

Start the day off in the word. Reflect on things that are true. This takes dedication and self control but in the end it makes your day better. 

#3 LOOK YOUR BEST

So many times I leave the house feeling self conscious. If I woke up earlier and did my hair and makeup the way I want to, I would feel more confident. 

#4 DON'T HIT THE SNOOZE BUTTON

You set a time to wake up, so just do it! You're not gonna fall back asleep in 5 minutes, and it's not gonna make you feel better. 

#5 EAT BREAKFAST

If you eat breakfast you won't spend the rest of your morning thinking about how hungry you are. 

#6 THINK ABOUT SOMEONE WHOM YOU CAN LOVE ON

Could be a co-worker, family member, neighbor, or a stranger. Think about going out of your way to help someone else. Mornings are a very self-centered time. Try thinking of a friend who you can do a nice thing for that day. 

No comments:

Post a Comment